Re: no start problem

I would start with the fuel system. For whatever reason there does not
seem to be enough fuel pressure to get the fuel to the engine. Pull
the fuel filter and see if you are getting fuel to there. Replace the
filter and see if any is getting to the mixture unit by loosening one
of the banjo fittings from the filter. Do this point by point. If you
are getting fuel it could be for whatever reason that the pressure is
too low. To pin down the problem might require a fuel pressure tester.
Before running out and getting one dig into the fuel tank and make
sure that everything is in good condition and the pick-up hose is not
kinked or split or soft. Maybe you are out of gas? It seems to me many
of the fuel system problems start in the fuel tank from either
bad-stored gas or deterierated parts. If there is ANY dirt in the tank
you can be sure it is throughout the fuel system.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, mgailey@xxxx wrote:
> Alright. Let's see who can figure this one out.
> My car will turn over but not start. When I turn the key, I can hear
the fuel
> pump energize and pump for a second or two. If I shoot some starting
fluid or
> pour some gas down the intake, she fires up immediately and will run
for a short
> period of time until the gas is used up. Any ideas?
> On a side note, I was driving through my small neighborhood the
other day and
> saw a couple of guys pushing a Pantera off to the side of the road.
I stopped to
> help them and the dude said, "Man, she runs fine and then she'll
just die on me