Re: lifting car

Adam - Yes, the jacking points on the underbody are the preferred
locations for using a car lift. Make sure that the little steel
reinforcement pads are in place before you apply lifting loads to the
jacking points. The underbody is the main source for torsional
stiffness for the DeLorean. The frame picks up suspension and engine
loads, but the underbody holds it all together. From my memory, the
car was originally supposed to have no frame - the concept was to use
the underbody as a fully monocoque structure. However, the right
technology wasn't ready in time, so a frame was designed at the last
moment. The technology for this is now called "resin transfer
molding", and is only now at a point where it can be used
extensively. John DeLorean was well ahead of his time in many
respects.

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1
(How did I do, Dave S.? :))