Re: radio bezel/blower repair

You obviously aren't familiar with "Lucas, Prince of Darkness"!!!!
In general most of the wiring problems aren't as serious as they
seem. Some of the circuits are run pretty near their limits of
capacity but the trick is to keep everything clean and tight. Do the
relay upgrade, Fanzilla, and Lockzilla, install a battery master
switch, and clean ALL of the ground connections. If you have a good
battery then unless "Jack the Ripper" has worked on your wiring you
should be OK. Make sure that all of the fuses are the correct size for
the circuit (sometimes people stick in whatever is handy).
The factory did change the Freon charge. The best way to charge it
(if everything is working right) is to fill until you get the suction
pressure correct and the compressor cycles. When modifying the fuel
pick-up leave some rubber in there to avoid transmitting vibrations
from the fuel pump directly into the tank and frame. The fuel return
should dump close to the suction pick-up so under very low fuel
conditions it will still get some fuel. Just leave some spacing so
under conditions where the system is purging air it isn't sucked right
back in.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "checksix3" <checksix3@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> Pulled and repaired my heater/AC blower today. Lots of rust in
bottom
> bearing but otherwise OK. Water collects at the blower bottom
through
> the cooling tube, suggest drilling small drainage holes when you
have
> it out or replacing it. Better still is to increase tube penetration
> into the duct by cementing a smaller ID tube into the larger one.
>
> Also pulled and repaired the auto tranny electronics, rebuilt the
A/C