Re: auto tranny comp finally replaced..

If you have in fact a bad switch it can be cut loose and another good
switch spliced in. Connect color for color. If it is a new one you
should be able to return it for another, of course it depends on where
you got it. It is a very good idea to have a fully functional neutral
start switch so don't jumper it out except for testing. Since you are
having trouble with your shift computer make sure the kick-down switch
is also functioning. The neutral start switch doesn't have any effect
on the shifting. The switch cannot be serviced as once you open it up
you will not be able to reassemble and crimp it back together.
As for cleaning the stainless try isopropal alcohol. Then Windex. I
find for quick clean-ups Windex doesn't leave a residue or spots. The
best thing is that expensive spray so I try to keep the use of that to
a minimum.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "adam_one_million" <acprice1@xxxx> wrote:
> Well I finally got around to installing my new autotrans governor.
It
> was a painless installation, much easier than I expected. Took about
> two hours, and thats cause I was being carefull.
>
> Anyway when I went to start the car after the install, it wouldnt
> start.. I found that the park safety switch for the new unit is
> broken inside somehow. I jumpered the two pins on the block
connector
> together in the engine bay, and the car will start.. in any gear
> position.
>
> Also the car will start fine with the old unit plugged into the
block
> connector. If I push one of the buttons, the reverse lights come on,
> if I push the other, the car wont start. On the failed unit, the car
> will not start with the button in any position.
>
> So my questions are thus: How are these two switches set up inside
> the unit? Are they completely independent of the shift comp? It
seems
> like they are, since I have driven my car with the jumper in place
> and it shifts fine.
>
> If I open the plug housing for these two switches, can they be
> serviced? Should I maybe cut the plugs off the two units I have and
> swap them around, I could crimp the good plug to the good shift
comp?

> Also, I got some oil and maybe trans fluid on my stainless. What is
> good way to wash it off? I also ordered my Pirellis yesterday,
P6000s