Re: [DML] Re: DeLorean for 17year old

In a message dated 5/10/02 8:56:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
thesmokingman@xxxx writes:

> I responded to this once before and I think that the idea of young person
> owning a DeLorean is a great idea. I have seen a number of young owners
> over the past year from Ryan in Phoenix (actively organizes DeLorean
> events) who fixes nothing on his own (sorry Ryan) to Nick who completely
> disassembled his. Rebuilt it in the dead of winter then sold it, bought
> another, or Jim in Minnesota and Josh in Cincinnati that are somewhere in
> between.
>
> All of them bring with them the enthusiasm needed. As far as the financial
> I have a Mustang for my daughter and it cost me a lot more than maintenance
> of my DeLorean or other Deloreans I have seen. Today there are few kids
> that have cars as interests. Most of us mid life crisis owners spent hours
> and big bucks back in the 60's and 70's on cars that rusted in one year.
> (Not too many Dodge Super Bee's left or Ford Torinos, Novas, Cameros loved
> to rust around the shocks and any Chrysler or Datun and lets not forget the
> Rabbit. Rustbuckets or bondo bombs we called them.)
> The experience and the technical expertise these kids get will be with them
> the rest of their lives and eventually they will actually be able to afford
> one comfortably.

And these bodies won't rust.

All I did when I needed money for my car was put in a few more hours
somewhere.

Bottom line is our young owners seem to be doing well and it certainly is a
learning experience they will have for the rest of their lives and look at
all the support they have now.

I find the younger people to be very helpful in the internet like Tamir and
Shannon and others who give me a level of support that I wish I had 6 years
ago. So they compliment, I think, the group as a whole.

Wish I had that on my 69 Sunbeam. Just like Maxwell Smart Had.

Welcome to all the new young owners.

Ken