Re: [DML] Black Headlights from Philips DOT approved

Re: [DML] Black Headlights from Philips DOT approved

I must disagree. I installed the Phillips "black"
headlights on my car a number of years ago. They were
exact replacements.

When the "superbright" halogens came out, I replaced
the "black" headlights with them. I was not totally
satisfied with the looks in any event. The "black"
appearance varied significantly depending upon the
angle from which you were viewing.

Dick Ryan

--- Robert Brandys <BobB@xxxx> wrote:
> I investigated whether Phillips made the black
> headlight in the style of
> the DeLorean headlights a nu mber of years ago. (I
> talked directly to
> Phillips and they had no plans to manufacture the
> 6001 series) Unless
> they have begun to make new production. The ones
> that are available are
> to big for the D.

[moderator snip]