Bad Water Pump Symptom?

Going over everythin on my car, it appears that I have a leak from
one of the hoses behind my water pump. So I do need to pull the
manifold to replace the hoses, and vacuum lines since I'll be in
there anyways. But I'm not sure if my water pump is ok. It was
replaced 2 years ago. All weap seals are clean with no traces of
coolant. However, on the bottom of the shaft, behind the pully, it
is covered with grease. I know that this grease is not leaking
from the weap seal because not only is the inside clean, but the
trail of grease doesn't connect over to the weap seal. Reading
up on water pumps online, one site said that the weep seal is to
allow excess grease out, rather than to push it in twards the
water seal. So, should this be a cause for concern, or is this
normal?

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"