Re: Oil Pan Removal

It will require lifting the engine. I suggest you find a way to drill
it out to a larger size and retap. If that isn't an option possibly it
can be welded in place or if you do remove the pan it be repaired by
welding, drilling and retapping to the origional size. Maybe you could
even use a thread insert. If you remove the pan you will need a gasket
but you should be able to repair the pan and not have to buy a new
one.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "jason3625" <jason@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello All.... over the weekend I decided to do a routine Oil Change
> that ended up being my worst experience yet with my D. Come to find
> out the person who changed it last stripped the Threads in the Oil
> Pan.

[moderator snip]