Oil Pan Removal

Hello All.... over the weekend I decided to do a routine Oil Change
that ended up being my worst experience yet with my D. Come to find
out the person who changed it last stripped the Threads in the Oil
Pan. So now there is not enough threads to secure the Drain plug
without a lot of leaking.... I tried to buy a Rubber Expansion plug
and that was a piece of #!%$. Then I tried an oversized-Self tapping
5/8-18 drain plug and it was TOO big even to tap a hole.. PJ's got a
new pan for $158 but it is not the cost that bothers me.... It looks
like I may have to RAISE the Engine to replace the pan! So here are
my questions...

Does anyone have a simple solution that would prevent me from Oil Pan
removal anything better than a rubber plug?

If I MUST replace the pan has anyone documented it before? What neds
to happan and what is the procedure?

Thanks All

Jason