RE: [DML] Yet another TORSION BAR ? Help DMC Joe

RE: [DML] Yet another TORSION BAR ? Help DMC Joe

To the question
"...... how many degrees of rotation is typical from the Zero NO LOAD to
a normal doors up position?"
DMC Joe answered "1/4".

I'm sure he meant approximately 90 degrees.

At a recent PNDC tech session, we had to chase the threads and replace a
bolt for the splined torsion bar retainer. With the door held in the
fully-up position, it took about 90 degrees to unload the torsion bar
(after removing the splined retainer so that it didn't hit the rear
window). We cleaned up the splines, chased the threaded holes, rotated
the bar 90 degrees, slid the retainer from the tool to the torsion bar,
tightened it up, and were within a spline of perfection. The struts
were new.

Gary
IN2TIME
5612