Re: Does one seal one's tires?

There is a product made by Camel called Bead Sealer. It is a thick
black paste in a can with a brush and any large tire shop will have it
or an equivelent. There are no problems with using it although it does
require the shop to dismount the tire, clean the bead area on the tire
and rim and remount after applying the sealer. I have used it on my
spare which wouldn't hold any pressure for even 1 day and now it is
fine. If the shop is sloppy then when you get home just clean the
excess off and keep an eye on the tire pressure until you are
confident that it is holding. Make sure the tire valve and stem are
not leaking also. Keep 23 psi in the front tires and 30 in the rear
and maybe have them fix the spare also (60 psi in that one).
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Noah <sitz@xxxx> wrote:
> So, the tires on the left side of #2867 are hemorraging air (the
front worse that the rear). Analysis reveals that the air is seeping
through between the tire and the rim.