was: [DML] it's the Bricklorean, again

(Moderators note - I think we all agree with Joe on this - thread is now dead
- Marty, this weeks moderator)

OK; that's it! Lets free up some room on the list and end this squabble
concerning the DeLorean engine.

Here are the facts:
The engine used in the DeLorean is a modified version of the Volvo B-28F
model # 498675. The B-28F is the most popular version of a family of engines
named PRV-6 built by Societe Franco-Suedoise de Moteurs in Douvrain France.
The engine manufacturing plant is a consortium made up from Peugeot,
Renault, and Volvo (PRV). The B-28F was most widely used in top of the line
Volvo sedans designated 260 GLE and 760 GLE. This accounted for over 90% of
all applications of this engine.

Peugeot used another version of the PRV-6 in the 604 and 505 STX models and
Renault fitted the PRV-6 in the Renault 30 and Alpine A310. Other versions
of this workhorse were used in 1990 Dodge Monaco and Eagle Premier.

Volvo also used this engine in its limited production 780 luxury coupe. New
crated engines are still available from DeLorean Motor Co Houston TX.

DMC Joe
Tech Information, DMC Joe Help Club, & Store
"Summer Parts Sale"
http://shopping.oraclesmallbusiness.com/dsvstore
DeLorean Website Directory www.dmc.tv