OH / PA / WV DeLorean Event

(Written by Wayne & Jill Luoma, excerpted from
the DCO Newsletter by Mike Substelny)

The DeLorean Club of Ohio Heads to Oglebay Resort & Park in Wheeling WV
this weekend (May 4th & 5th). This event is hosted by DCO members Wayne
& Jill Luoma. Everyone is invited.

What a fun event at such a beautiful time for getting those D's out for
possibly the first time in the new year!

Let us begin in saying that Oglebay-Resort is located in Wheeling, West
Virginia on RT 88N, just 4 miles off I-70 at exit 2A. Wilson Lodge is
available as well as cottages for your lodging preference. The resort
offers, with lodging, the use of an indoor pool, Jacuzzi, fitness
center,
sauna & in room coffee service. All lodge packages further include the
Mountaineer Buffet Breakfast for Sunday morning. You may reach Oglebay
directly for you're lodging reservations at: (800) 624-6988. Standard
Room
Rates at that time will run $135.00, Intermediate $180.00 & Premium
$200.00.

The resort has lovely grounds, museums, shops, a small zoo & FLOWERS.
The
bulbs from these flowers are pulled yearly and replaced with new bulbs,
these bulbs are available for purchase on a first come first serve
basis.
ie. Hiasiants, tulips crocuses etc. A great place to take pictures!

We plan to meet at the lodge at NOON on Saturday, May 4th. That will
give us
all time to check in & have some lunch and get ourselves settled
(Possibly,
some of you may like to come down on Friday and spend that night as
well).
At 6:00 PM we will get back into our D's and take a short ride to
Wheeling
Downs Dog Race Track & Gaming. There we will have a reserved area for us
all
to be together for a wonderful dinner, which will over look the track.
The
cost of the dinner will be $19.95 inclusive of: a TV monitor at each
table,
a $5.00 coin voucher, reserved seating, a racing program & any service
charges & taxes. During the races we all will have a chance to bet on
the
dogs or just watch the entertainment of them! Where we sit at dinner
will
then become our seats for the evening of racing. Post time will be at
7:30 PM. Afterwards it's back to the lodge for the night. There is a
lounge
available at the lodge.

On Sunday morning we will meet in the dining room for the lovely buffet
breakfast and those who choose may join us for a drive through the park
before we leave to head home.

You can further check for more details & driving directions on Oglebay's
web
site: www.Oglebay-Resort.com

Those of you that may like to caravan, contact someone in your area and
arrange a trip together.

If you have further questions feel free to email:
msubstel{at}loranccc.edu

Please RSVP so we can have a count to follow up with Wheeling Downs for
our dinner reservations. Hoping to see you there!

- Mike Substelny