DeLorean Mid Alantic Spring Social

Hi Everyone,
Just returned safe and sound from the Spring Social in New Jersey.
Funny, I live in Arizona but I only get sunburned badly when I go to NJ.
How about getting that hole in the ozone layer fixed before I come
back?....:)
I wanted to tell everyone that this was an amazing event! DanRC30
(aren't there too many DeLorean owners named Dan?) really put on a great
show. Thanks, Dan for securing Don's Jaguar for the tech day and the great
dinners and events you planned. We had a lot of fun the whole weekend. It
was great meeting so many new people, new and current owners alike.
Scott Tice put on a great raffle and there were a lot of great
things for sale as well. This was a great event and so far the best
DeLorean event I have been to in NJ. We did door adjustments, as Dave
Teitelbaum wrote, and I was assisting. I am happy to say that not one
torsion bar was even damaged....:)
Jim Reeve came out from Minnesota to play at the event and was a
great help. Lots of people were yelling "TIMMAY!" across the parking lot of
Don's Jaguar looking for some assistance and Jim never faltered. He zipped
back and forth between cars and it was nice to see that everything he
touched was better than before he got to it.
It was really interesting to see Mike Pack in action. Truly a
gentleman, Mike was up to his elbows in gasoline getting a fuel pump
assembly back together and working correctly for a new owner from Maryland.
We all saw about two gallons of gas pouring down onto the ground from the
bottom of the DeLorean as Mike leapt into action. Armed with some clamps, a
screw driver, and a heat gun, Mike got the assembly fitting correctly and
back together and we never had to use the fire extinguisher. It was amazing
to see him in action giving his time and effort to make certain a fellow
owner would be safe and make it home without incident. Makes me feel good
that we have so many people willing to donate their time in the community,
and all of the work done was quality.
More thanks go out to Deb and Rob Grady for donating their time and
making this event a complete success. Deb was really quick with her
inventory as Dave and I were calling for struts left and right....:) She
manned the parts table all day on Saturday and I don't think anyone had to
order anything....it was all there ready for action. Great work and
planning! I learned the most from watching Rob inspect the owners' cars. I
learned where so many things were, including the oil filler cap. (Yes, Dan
made fun of me for that, but as many of you know, although I own two
DeLoreans, they aren't out here in the desert....YET.) Rob was always
willing to answer any questions about what or why or even how on other
people's cars for me. He's a professional and a true gentleman.
You cannot find people like this anywhere else. It's just amazing
to see how generous everyone is with their skills and time. If you ever get
a chance to attend a Mid Atlantic club event I highly suggest it. New
things are in the works and the club is moving in the right direction. Lots
of exciting things are in store. I even got to take Rob's green car out for
some light offroading, but don't tell him!

See you in Memphis with my car!
Matthew
VIN #10365 (White, sort of)
VIN #16816 (Stainless)