Re: [DML] it's the Bricklorean, again

[MODERATOR NOTE: This is a good example of whay sarcasm doesn't always work on mailing ists. A better title for the initial post would have been "funny things I hear at car shows".]

Jim

> I hate it when people know more about my car than I do.
>
> Today I learned that my engine was renault, transmission was american and
> that the body was made in Canada by Bricklin.
>
> Can not the list help me keep these things straight?

The Delorean engine and transmission are both Renault and from France. The
underbody was the only item produced at the factory in Belfast. The
stainless panels are British steel and were pressed in Ireland. The
underbody was designed by Lotus in Norfolk. The chassis was again Lotus
design and built in the Midlands, UK.

As far as I know nothing came from Canada and certainly had nothing to do
with Bricklin though I do believe there were 1 or 2 guys who worked on the
Bricklin also worked on the DMC. Allot of the heating and A/C was sourced in
the USA but not much else

Regards

Chris S
Vin 16327