Re: [DML] A/C conversion

Marc,

for refrigerent oil we opted to use Ester 100 which covers a broader
viscosity range than standard "R-12 oil". It isn't as perfect a match as
purely 134a oil, but it will be adequate for the temperature and climate that
my DeLorean is in. my tech said he would NOT recommend Ester 100 for
climates such as the southern US for day-in, day-out A/C operation. he said
i will be just fine if i take some vacations or go to events however. it's
kind of like using 10w30 in a modern car during the winter - it's not the
best, but it will work. someone shouldn't use 10w30 if they live in alaska,
but if you are from the south and you take a trip for a couple of weeks, you
will not destroy your car by keeping the same oil in. same situation with
Ester 100. this shop has done conversions on RV's, trucks, cars, lots of
stuff and has never had a problem. in fact, most 134a retrofit kits come
with Ester 100.

Andy

In a message dated 4/26/02 8:43:05 AM Central Daylight Time,
malevy@xxxx writes:

> Did he FLUSH the system with a chemical to get the R-12 oil out?? If not,
> you will need a new compressor in a year or so. New receiver/dryer too.

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596
Fargo, ND 58102