Re: my 134a conversion begins...

1. Check the price on R20 (or is it 22?), it's the freon used in
home A/C's, I believe it is cheaper than R134a...if so use this to
try and find your leak, then after you have, evacuate the system of
it.

2. The A/C dryer is the evaporator and yes this needs to be changed
especially since your system was left open (broken A/C line).

3. See if you can get a hold of an automatic adjustig oriface tube.
>From what I have read it's suppose to be a lot better in an R134a,
getting it colder.

4. I would only change it if it's bad, otherwise if it's cheap
enough to have made change it.

5. Again, I would only change it if it's bad, otherwise if it's
cheap enough to have made change it.

Steve

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Soma576@xxxx wrote:
<SNIP>>
> 1. what does everyone else think about this?? am i missing
anything really
> important?
>
> 2. what about the "A/C dryer" that some places have told me will
need to be
> replaced? i can't find anything on any of the vendor's sites that
is called a
> dryer. does the DeLorean have this part?
>
> 3. any ideas on what else will need to be done to make the A/C
work
> correctly?
>
> 4. does the line that goes from the accumulator to the evaporator
need to be
> changed?
>
> 5. and what about the line from the lower fitting on the
condensor?