turn signals &^%$#

One minor problem that I may look at next are my turn signals. When I make a
turn they do not "click" off. I have to manually turn the signal off which is
kind of a pain.
If I make an extreme turn (maybe 1 out of 50 turns) they will turn off
automatically. I am guessing th turn mechanism is out of alignment. I have
been told I need to remove the steering wheel with a puller and look at the
switch. Is this an easy repair? Or should I have a new switch on hand when I
get the steering wheel off?

thanks,
Mike C
2109