Re: [DML] I also need tire help.

I was the one who mentioned the Avids. They have the correct rear
size tire, but not front size tire. However, since I only needed
rear tires, it wasn't much of a problem. Keep in mind though, that
mismatching tire makes/brands is generally a bad idea. Those letter
ratings are speed ratings the tire can safely handle for 6 hours or
so under ideal conditions. The Avids I got are T rated, which is 118
mph. Performance wise, I can't really comment on them yet. I only
had my car out for 600 miles this past 4 days untill the snow fell
again here in MN yesterday. But I did notice they are definately
better than the Goodyear GT+4's that were on there before. Good luck
with your search.

Jim Reeve
MNDMC - Minnesota DeLorean Club
DMC-6960

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Adam Price" <acprice1@xxxx> wrote:

> I am also searching for tires. The Yokohama AVS Intermediates are
out of
> production but you maybe able to find them still. I went to les
schwab and
> they printed out a list of tires sized for the delorean. There were
a few
> more Yokohama types that would fit, one of them called Yokohama
Avids...

> I would also like some advice about this. Is it alright to use any
tires as
> long as they fit? They have to be able to support a certain amount
of
> weight, right? The les schwab people were trying to sell me pontiac
tires..
> Does anyone know what the lettered ratings for tires are, the V, H,
S, T, Q,