Re: [DML] Hot Start - Fuel Accum.....Techincal Questions

Re: [DML] Hot Start - Fuel Accum.....Techincal Questions

The amount of time required depends on how small the mechanic's hands
are, and how lucky you are. If the connections are really tight or the
fittings are rusted to the fuel lines it can take a lot longer and get
expensive. Once the mechanic sees what needs to be done it is really
a straightfoward job, it is just that it is in a very confined area.
Make sure he knows that if he twists the fuel lines and damages them
the only way to replace or fix them is to lift or remove the body! He
must also know to release all fuel pressure and be very careful of all
the split fuel as he removes the acumulater. It is a good idea to
replace the fuel filter too as it will be full of the pieces of the
diaphram from the acumulater. While the car is up on a lift you or
your mechanic should inspect everything underneath, especially the
trailing arm bolts, radiater hoses, suspension, etc.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Jason Jones" <jason@xxxx> wrote:
> Thanks Daniel for the advice. Does any one have a step by step
guide as to
> how to install the Fuel Accumulator? any pictures? The reason is I
will