Re: Alternatives for Angle Drive needed, getting fed up with system

Re: Alternatives for Angle Drive needed, getting fed up with system

Dear Jan,
I don't have anything to offer in answer to your question,
however, I have had my car since April of 83, bought new with 17
miles on it. I now have over 46,000 miles and the only time the
speedometer acted up was shortly after I put on brake dust shields
and the pressure on the plastic cap wasn't sufficient anymore to keep
it tight and spinning. I fixed that problem and it has performed
perfectly ever since. I still have the origional angle drive.
Every couple of years I remove the screw and add some
lubrication. Nothing more. Good luck in your search.
Gary Masie