Need tank cleaning advice

Hello group,

I decided to completely restore the items in my gas tank. In my
arsenal I have a new pump, new hoses, new pickup screen, new boot and
cover..etc.

I removed the tank baffle and cleaned it. As I began to inspect the
inside of the tank, I wasn't surprised to find lots of crud at the
bottom. But I hadn't stop to consider the best way to actually remove
this flake-like crud. (looks like rust particles, even saw a small
leaf!)

Anybody got any suggestions that worked for them?
Thanks

Eric
Dunedin, FL
VIN# 5557