Re: Millennium: The DeLorean Motor Company Concours

Re: Millennium: The DeLorean Motor Company Concours

Sounds to me that you are more than qualified, Ken.

I've seen this type of thing happen before in Car Clubs, and
associations and hope it's nipped before it happens here.

Someone will jump in representing "others" who have "problems" with
the way cars are judged. I say this: I am an original owner of a DMC-
12, a "E" Series 1957 Thunderbird and several other collectable cars.
I belong to Classic Thunderbird Club International, and their way of
judging is by the book. (And, they wrote the book!)
There is no changing the rules because someone didn't agree with
them, I once lost a concours because my car was "Too Restored"!
The 57 TBird's came from the factory with small amounts of overspray
in side the wheel wells, etc. and I had done mine where there was no
overspray. Their goal is to "judge the car as it was originally
delivered", and they do. They also have classes for "drivers" where
the bottom of the car isn't judged. It only stands to reason that if
you want to compete in concours with any make auto, it should be
clean, clean, clean .... inside & out.

I think that if you don't agree with the judging rules, don't enter!

And, if you're not going to enter, then don't criticize!

Your venting may make you feel better, but it casts a negative shadow
on the cars we own and love.

Jim