Power antenna woes

Ok, just noticed that my antenna no longer goes up. The motor is cracking
but sounds different, but the antenna goes nowhere. What does this mean? Is
this something I can fix, and more importantly, how do you get to the antenna
motor? Do you have to remove that whole engine bay panel to get to it? I
believe this was covered in the past on the list so if necessary, please
respond privately. Thank you for any help!

Richard