a-ha! car alarm and remote entry

I am Done... I should have more faith in myself.

Here are my notes from the field, for posterity and those also thinking of
doing it themselves.
I used a Crimestopper 2001FC. It's good model though certainly not top of
their line; but it is reputable. I initially bought it based on the two
auxiliary remote outputs, though I found it was unnecessary. This does,
however, leave me with room to add remote start or bonnet unlatch if I get
my springer fixed on the trunk(bonnet).
Basically, I used the secondary unlock circuit (or passenger unlock circuit)
that was designed for non-central locking systems to un-latch my driver's
side door. It is activated by a second press of the disarm+unlock button.
The aux out #1 (trunk pop) unlatches the passenger door.
I used the solenoid ground wire method. It is a bugger to track ground wires
down, I'll tell ya. Basically-- disconnect everything in the door and the
two harness joints at the rear of the cabin behind the removable rear-wall.
The LH solenoid wire ended up coming into the relay/fuse center from the RH
bundle; it was the lone ground wire, not in a pair. The RH solenoid ground
wire came through in the LH bundle. Two ground wires are side by side
there-- you'll have to test with an ohm meter or continuity tester.
I bought some SPAL actuators at Car Toys because I couldn't wait to order
Darryl Tinnerstets. They may not be strong enough; they were kind of iffy at
first but I didn't have any problems at all today (and I made lots of trips
out for myself and coworkers). I mounted them straight back from the lever
that is attached to the inside handle and connected right where the cable
from the outside handle connects. It seemed like the best spot. I bent the
linkages in nice clean angles to avoid other pieces.
It may not be the best-- that would be Darryl's; his is long tested and more
professional than mine. But it is working!

other things to note-- don't hook your "ignition wire" up to the AC fan
relay! When I flipped the AC on my alarm started chirping as the fans kicked
in and stole power! Pretty funny....