Re: Trailing Arm and a heart attack

Shain - This is what I would call "living life on the edge"! With
threaded studs in place of the proper bolts, you have had what we call
"threads in bearing". This can cause grooves and gouges in the
bushings and other inserts in the trailing arm joint. You may want to
carefully inspect the bores through the trailing arms, and the sleeves
through the rubber bushings. I would guess that it would be a good
idea to have the alignment checked after you install the correct bolts
and other hardware in there. The proper large flat washers are also
important in the joint to act as a secondary load path in case
something else should fail, like the rubber bushing attachments bolts.
Check out the "TOBY-TAB" bolt kits being offered through Specialty
Automotive (Darryl Tinnerstet) at http://www.delorean-parts.com for
the best replacement bolts you can get. We're glad to hear that you
survived intact from this potential disaster.

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1