Re: Replacing spark plug leads

I'd like to thank everyone that responded to my question
on replacing the spark plug leads.

I took another go at it today after a tip from someone local
and was able to complete the job in about 3 hours.

As it turns out the 3cm of "play" I got by removing the two
allen headed screws attaching the mixture control unit bracket
to the top of the intake manifold was just enough to get everything
out and the new stuff in again.

After I had that done, the hardest was to get the #4 plug back on,
with all the plumbing in that area my hands were too thick.
Since the pliers I had were too, I ender up using a couple of
screwdrivers in a sort of "chop stick" manner to get it on.

I'm glad I got it done: the car runs better, I learned a lot more
about the injection while searching the manuals AND I have the
satisfaction of having done this myself!

Once again, thanks to all of you!

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000