           From: "Paul Salsbury" <paul.salsbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: Stephen Sætrang <smj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: Jim Strickland <ihaveanaccount@xxxxxxxx>
           From: "beatlesra1" <beatlesra1@xxxxxxx>
           From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe@xxxxxxx>
           From: "jason3625" <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: Jan van de Wouw <jvdwouw@xxxxxxx>
     11. Re: Replacing spark plug leads
           From: Jan van de Wouw <jvdwouw@xxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 19:10:09 -0000
   From: "Paul Salsbury" <paul.salsbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Diodes I think.....

Hi all

Whilst playing around in the footwell on the drivers side, I started to
have
a good look around at the wiring.

Where the main loom goes towards the back of the car, just as it
disappears
in behind the centre consol there are what looks like 3 Different coloured
plastic tubes Red, Blue and Black.

The red one was Not connected both sides..... It had two purple/blue wires
going into it the end pointing to the front of the car. After a quick
rummage around I found an unconnected spade terminal with two purple/white
wires, which had the perfect reach to this 'diode'.

1. should these be connected
2. what is it for
3. why would it be unconnected / any harm done?

Paul

www.paul.salsbury.btinternet.co.uk

Message: 2