RE: door openers

Don asked: "I have read your thread about the door opener but I don't fully understand the system. Are we talking "door launcher" here? I need more a complete discription of the system, if you're talking about a launcher system." Not sure who you were addressing your question to, but I'll give it a shot. So what exactly do you think a "launcher system" is (or should be)? I market a remote control door opening kit. It unlocks and unlatches one or both doors by remote control; if the door is properly adjusted it will then open fully by itself. Since it is the only such kit available, I have no idea where the "door launcher" terminology came from, because it wasn't from me. There has been mention on this list from time to time of other companies working on their version of my door opener kit, but to my knowledge none have yet been offered to the public. Maybe one of them will use the "launcher" term, but I for one don't care for it. I just want the doors to open, not get launched into outer space.

As a footnote, in the street rod and custom car world there is something available called a "door launcher". It is simply a spring-loaded plunger that helps open the door when it is unlatched by remote control, something unnecessary with our cars.

Darryl Tinnerstet
Specialty Automotive
McCleary, WA
www.delorean-parts.com