Re: [DML] cold running problem

Andy,
I have the exact same symptom! Well, almost:
First I want to point out that I always give my cars at least 60 seconds
before putting it in gear, hot or cold. My friends look at me like I'm nuts
(they don't call me Pistachio for nothing). They're like "dude, what are you
waiting for?" While I stare into space. They just don't understand.
All my cars run perfectly theirs run like crap.
Anyway,
1. It starts, ice cold, on a dime every time without pressing the pedal.
2. It then does the hunt thing for a minute or two and smoothes out to a
normal idle.
3. By this time there is plenty of hot air running through the heat stove
pipe. Hot to the touch.
4. The thing just won't rev up though. Sometimes I'll even hear a backfire
from the air cleaner while trying to give it gas. I just have to wait it out
and then she's fine.
My '74 Duster (318) did that and rebuilding the carburetor fixed it. Not the
case here. I miss my Duster!
Because I'm used to letting an engine know it's alive before putting it to
work it's no big deal to me to wait a little longer. If it gets worse I'll
attempt to see what's up with it.
I just bought the car last week from Grady and they did a full tune-up. They
also replaced the accumulator.
If you find out what it is please let me know. Vice versa.
Thanks.

Tony Pistachio
#10781 BDX-6324
Wappingers Falls, NY