PJ grady visit, Purchasing questions.

Hi all. It has been a while since I posted to this list. Since I am
within several months of purchasing a DeLorean I better get back in
the loop. I live on Long Island, NY and this past Friday, before
paying a visit to family on the east end of LI I dropped by PJ Grady.
I initially just wanted to take a quick look around. After briefly
looking around I ran into one of the mechanics. It wasnt Rob and Im
sure he gave me his name but I cant recall. He was however extremely
cordial and even let me get a closer look at the car. Pointing out
some good points. For one that I should beware of cars sold in Queens,
NY. Good advice since I have seen 4 in the past year in a classic car
warehouse.
I would like to ask the group if my expectations of price and use is
realistic. I want to spend no more than $14,000 on the car. I guess my
use would be considered daily driver but it would only be driven about
5 miles a day(to and from work and/or local errands, I have a jeep for
long hauls). As far as repairs go.. The mechanic at grady's I spoke to
said I can expect to put in about $1,000 a year average. Now, I know
many people believe that you get what you pay for and would easily say
get one for around 25,000 to avoid hassle but hummor me anyway. Also
my brother and I would like to do a little work on the car ourself.
My brother is a disabled NYC firefighter, we always wanted to do
something like this and we now have the time. So, am I crazy to expect
to get a DeLorean for 14,000 and be able to do with it what I stated
above? Lastly can you give me and average yearly cost of maintance?
All advice is greatly appreciated. Have a great day!