Re: [DML] A new alternator problem! (And a radar detector install to boo

Re: [DML] A new alternator problem! (And a radar detector install to boot)

On Sun, 24 Feb 2002, Walter Coe wrote:

> Maybe your problem is that you hooked up the wrong wire. There are two
> wires that go to the Ducy alternator, but John Hervey's only uses one of
> them.

I wish it was that simple (maybe it still is?)...

Have a look at http://yo.fuh-q.org/photos/?album=20020221&image=p1010007.jpg
and you can see the old alternator in place. It's a Motorola, not a
Ducellier. Coming up to the back of the alternator, you can see two
bundles of beige wires (total of six wires) and a single red wire (behind
the beige wires, eventually going into that little piece of plastic
conduit.

The two large bundles of wires are hooked onto the "BATT" bolt on the new
alternator, and the single red wire is hooked onto the single red wire
(which came with a connector) on the new alternator.

I'm really not sure how this could be done any differently, but if I've
made a mistake, I'm all ears. :)

-andrew
#4115, Houston TX