Re: Quirks (WAS: [snip] NOW saving the cars)

On 21-02-2002 Kayo Ong wrote:

> Remember, it was only in the business of three years.
> I am sure if the company were to be in operation for
> an additional three years, they would have upgraded
> and corrected many of their problems and weakness,
> which haunts it.

We had this discussion at a club meeting once and I think
another member summed it up perfectly:

"If the DeLorean Motor Company had existed for a couple of Years
more, all the childs' diseases would have been worked out.
Then again, had they done that, none of us would have had the
"exotic / special" car we all enjoy now, even with the quirks it has!"

I totally agree with him. I actually enjoy some of the "stupid"
things it has or does; gives me a good excuse to spend extra time
on my car fixing it. And in the process, everything I repair / update /
modify makes the car even more MY car...

I just LOVE my DeLorean, just a couple of days more
and I can drive it again after my accident 3 months ago...
I can't wait!

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000