Power lock options

Hi, list!

My apologies if this has been answered already; I glanced through the
archives and saw nothing directly answering my question.

Here it is: Since the power locks are prone to problems, and it isn't a
top priority thing to fix, is it possible to simply disconnect the power
lock mechanism and use the locks manually? (Like until I get the money
to get them fixed, or install Lockzilla.) Will this damage anything?

I don't own a De yet. I'm just thinking ahead. This will be one of the
first issues I will face on the drive home. :)

All the best,
Farrar Hudkins