Re: Alpine w/Turbo

Walter,

It IS the Exacte engine,that is in the Delorean,except for the 1988
modifications(what the "1988" Delorean engine would have "been"(turbo
and all) had it still been in production,the the dead giveaway is the
picture showing the oil pan,notice it does not have the usual T
shaped oil pan associated with the Volvo 2.8 engine,and I am 100%
sure the same goes with the tranny,basically a DIRECT plug and play
bolt in.

Claude
000570

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:
> On the subject of engine swaps / upgrades, here is an interesting
Alpine
> that is being auctioned on eBay as item # 1806232910
>

> The relevance as applied to the DML is that they describe the
engine as
> being like the DeLorean and it is turbocharged. Isn't this the
same kind of
> engine that someone in the Northwest put in their DeLorean? It
isn't too
> far from where I am, so I'm tempted to go take a look at it and
maybe
> photograph the engine.
>
> Rear engine, rear wheel drive
> Fiberglass body
> Turbocharged SOHC V6
> 2,458 cc (PRV engine, same as Delorean just with more HP)
> Power SAE net 180 bhp @ 5,900 rpm (more with the performance
exhaust)
> Torque SAE net 200 lb-ft @ 4,000 rpm
> 0-60mph in 6.7 sec.