Re: brake fluid leakage

Same situation here. Whenever the D sits for a period of time that
lets it get cold, the brake fluid starts to leak. On my car, the leak
appears to be from the rubber seals between the brake Master
Cylinder, and the brake fluid Reservoir. The problem with this leak
is it will eat the epoxy off of the chassis on both sides. Some of
the fluid will drip down between the gas tank, and the chassis. To
check and see if this is your problem, pull the access panel in the
trunk to inspect it. Be wary if the gas tank has a 'wet' look to it.
You can also turn the steering wheel to get visual access to the side
of the chassis.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Hank Eskin" <heskin@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I've begun to notice that when my D sits for more than a week
(usually
> two weeks during the winter), I'm losing a bit of brake fluid.
<SNIP>