Re: John Delorean and Reliability.

Ignition coils do not last forever!! I have found that even when a car
starts right up and seems to run fine the coil can break down under
high loads such as high RPM's. Since most owner's coils are over 20
years old it is no surprise to me that replacing a coil can make the
car run better even if it seems to run fine now. Just don't use an
N.O.S. coil as it too would be over 20 years old, it just was sitting
on a shelf. Same goes for the ignition wires, cap, rotor, and spark
plugs as electric will jump at the weakest link. Sticking in a hot new
coil can cause other weak areas to appear.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757