Re: Sound deadening material

on 15-2-2002 ss3042002 wrote:

> Has anyone installed any of the new products designed to reduce
> cockpit noise. These products are in vogue in the carsound world
> and I am hoping to reduce road and engine noise in the DMC-12.
[snip]
> I haven't a clue if they would work in the Delorean.

I have thought about dampening when I was installing my speakers
in the rear wall, but didn't do so because of mainly two reasons:

1) dampening the fire wall would be fairly easy, but you'd still
have only a pane of glass between you and the engine as dampening
above the fire wall... Since the engine cover is open for most part
for cooling reasons there's allmost a straight open line between you
and the engine. The only barrier is the rear window.
2) I REALLY like the rumbling sound of the engine BEHIND me.
It's one of the things that -to me- makes the DeLorean a sportscar,
even if at first it was to be a mid-engined car.
And hearing the engine better enables me to respond to its' feedback.

Nah, why bother? Leave it as is; IMHO it's ot worth the money.

Jan van de Wouw

Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since sept 2000