Re: need Rivnuts & tool

In a message dated 2/14/02 9:28:53 PM Eastern Standard Time, Whalt@xxxx
writes:

> I need a bunch of Rivnuts and an installation tool. The DeLorean vendors
> don't sell these that I am aware. Can anyone suggest where to buy a kit? I
> understand they can cost $300 to $400 for the whole shebang, but I really
> only need to do the size that is used in the trunk.

I've seen one in a refrigeration parts catalog. Refrigeration Hardware
Supply Corp. The catalog I've got is a few years old, but the tool and a bag
of 100 rivnuts was under $150. I've never bought from these people, but I
assume they would either sell direct to you, or can advise what resellers
they sell to. Their phone is listed as 800-423-2446 or 800-833-3515. For
those who don't know, a Rivnut is a trademarked fastener that allows you to
install a removable machine screw in sheet metal (or fiberglass, like the
DeLorean GRP,) where you otherwise couldn't. Looks kind of like a big pop
rivet with a threaded hole in the center.

Wayne A. Ernst
DMCTech Group
11174