Re: [DML] Christian-- throttle stick solution?

Re: [DML] Christian-- throttle stick solution?

I've done a few things to "fix" my sticky throttle. It still sticks a
little bit, but not as bad as before. What I've done has been pretty easy
to do:

1. Douse the throttle spool with WD40. It works, but not for too long. If
you're looking for instant satisfaction, go for it.

2. To fix this a little bit better, take the throttle spool off and grease
everything up pretty good (kudos for Dave Swingle for the tip).

3. Adjust the arm if you need to. Make sure that when the throttle spool
is all the way back that the arm is being pulled snug. I had to do one
revolution of the rod.

4. If that still doesn't do it, take off the throttle tubes at the back of
the engine and spray the throttle valves with intake manifold cleaner
(kudos to John Hervey for the tip).

Also make sure that your air sensor plate thingy is clean. Just take off
the airbox and use some paper towel to clean it off. Like I said, I'm
still having some problems. I think the real trick is to take apart the
throttle body a bit and grease where the arm opens and closes the
butterfly valves.

-Christian