Re: [DML] New Speaker Install...Save original car

Re: [DML] New Speaker Install...Save original car

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Kevin Abato" <delorean@xxxx> wrote:
<SNIP>
> I mounted the speakers where they are, becuase any closer to
the sides of
> the car, there is a lot of wiring. I didnt think it best to but a large
> magnetic speaker next to the wires of the car....
<SNIP>

I know this isn't totally related, but I have a question about this. A
While back, I replaced the sparkplug wires on my DeLorean with
a set of high performance, aftermarket ones. After this, I thought
that I had A/C pully bearings going out. On high revs, I heard a
high pitched noise. Everytime I stuck my head in the engine
compartment, I couldn't find anything. Untill I noticed that the
sound was comming from the passenger side of my car. So
now I'm thinking that this may be RF interferance. Is this the
reason why the coil wire going between the ignition coil and the
electrical distributor is encased in that sheilding? Is the
sheilding something that I should reattach to the new wire as
well?

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"