[DML] internal door adjustments was: Digest Number 904

[DML] internal door adjustments was: Digest Number 904

> I'm thinking I might need
> to tighted the door lock cable since it affects the travel of the door
lock
> rod when the car is unlocked from the outside. Hmmmmmmm.

I adjusted the exterior door handle on a friend's DeLorean. What caused the
problem is that the lock nut on the door handle's cable vibrated loose with
time allowing the adjustment to drift. So when you lifted the handle, the
cable wouldn't always pull quite far enough to open the door. I suggest
checking the adjustments of all the rods. I've never seen any instructions
on it, but my experience is that if you fiddle with each rod you can figure
out what it does and how it could best be adjusted.

One important point when making these adjustments is that the door latches
will not lock properly when the door is open. Instead they just jam. To
debug it with the door open, use a 3/8" socket extension in place of the
door latch post to operate the latches. When you are done, remember to open
the latches BEFORE you try to close the door!

Walt Tampa, FL