A new twist on the door mechanism problem

A new twist on the door mechanism problem

Greetings, list. I just yesterday got my first Delorean ('81, #4115) and
I'm already in love. What a fun car!

Anyway, I'm having trouble with my driver's side door mechanism, but not
the normal one. I've searched the archives for this specific problem, and
it may very well be in there, but unfortunately, these search terms show
up about a million times.

Surpisingly enough, the locking system seems to work fine, and both
solenoids appear to be in good shape. I have not yet ascertained whether
or they've been replaced and/or other updates have been made to the
locking system. My problem, however, is that even when the driver's door
is unlocked, it doesn't open most of the time. When I pull up on the
handle, I can feel it come slightly open, but the mechanism clearly does
not fully disengage from the sill.

I'm planning to disassemble the door to give it a look, but I'd appreciate
any pointers about this specific problem from someone who's been there
before.

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to owning this car.

-andrew