If you have the money and inclination to do any painting and/or other customizations, by all means, use one of the many DeLoreans which have been sadly neglected and need work anyway, not such a perfect stock example.

By the way, I also live on Long Island. I am not a DMC owner yet, I hope to be one day though. Where did you get this car? I think I may have seen the car you purchased on eBay once. Email me privately if you wanna talk more about DMC's on LI, I'd be happy to chat with you.

--Joe

Message: 4 Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 21:44:36 -0500 From: "Marc A. Levy" <malevy@xxxx> Subject: RE: Should I or Shouldn't I??
[snip]
However, if your looking for opinions there will
be no shortage of them here! So- My opinion is that if your current delorean is as "mint" as you
say, leave it alone. If you want to do heavy
modifications on a DeLorean (especially paint it!)
please find another car that is in need of work
anyway, possibly one that is already painted.

[snip]

-----Original Message-----
From: dmc812001 [mailto:stamberino@xxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2002 4:12 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Should I or Shouldn't I??

Hi All, I am new to this group, but i am an avid(rabid??) Delorean fan. I purchased an 81 #2801 in August 2001. After some work at PJ Gradys, shes now a daily driver and a great compliment to my SLK 320. I have some questions regarding modifications. I love the way the car looks, but i saw a pic of one in Black that looks wild.

[Quotes snipped by moderator]