Fuel Distributor: Learn what I'm learning!

Fuel Distributor: Learn what I'm learning!

Hi Folks,

Well, I'm continuing to become more versed in the CIS fuel injection
system. Since I love the information trade I get from this news
group, I thought I'd share something I have suspected - and recently
learned or (confirmed):

NOT ALL BOSCH CIS Fuel Distributors are created equal!

In fact, you would think that if is was off of 78 to 80's model, 6
cyclinder Bosch CIS fuel system...that it will work on a DeLorean.

WRONG. I have learned that even among different 6 cyl. Volvos,
Porsche's, and VW's the fuel distributors have different "flow rates"
(measured in CM^3 / 60 seconds) AND they require different main fuel
pressures to operate properly!

For example: a Bosche Fuel distributor for a 6 cyl. (model # 0-438-
100-048) requires 5.5 to 6.2 Bar of pressure to operate peroperly.
While a Bosch fuel distributor for a 6 cyl. (model #0-438-100-076)
requires 4.5 to 5.2 Bar to operate properly. AND they have DIFFERENT
flow rates.

So where am I going with this? Don't assume because it's a Bosch CIS
6 cyclinder fuel distributor, it will work properly on a DeLorean.

Check out:
http://www.co.jyu.fi/~rax/k-jet.htm

They have additional information comparing model numbers.

I hope this can help someone out. It has certainly prevented me from
choosing to make a mistake.

Eric
Dunedin, FL
VIN 05557