Re: [DML] Parts in General.

Marc, You might be surprised on how much aftermarket is out there for the
Delorean. The problem is constant research, fitting and checking. Then
mistakes are made. But, Naturally I don't put out a cross reference on parts
on my site, but when I find a part that will work with a small modification
or none at all, then I will normally buy it and try it. The problem is,
because were dealing with sometimes 20 year old technology, nobody stocks the
parts. They have to be ordered and not returnable. There are a few Items I
have on the site, that I'm told buy the auto parts stores that I'm the
biggest buyer they have. There was a catalog put out recently by an auto
supply store of a few Delorean parts. What they didn't realize is they have
more that they sell but just don't know it will work in the Delorean and in
some cases it's the identical part.
I guess what I'm saying, they are getting the business from me and all the
shops that I sell to around the country. I also appreciate all the DML people
that are calling and buying also. I don't have it all and never will, I will
check it to other people and sites that have come with an improvement or
equals. But I just keep either finding parts or making parts. More to come.
John hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/

In a message dated 2/13/02 6:04:13 AM Pacific Standard Time,