Re: [DML] delorean quality

alright, now that we're all thowing fists, I think that this post is a
little much.

Although DMC Joe consistently and constantly quotes low failure rates,
one could argue that the failure rates are not entirely accurate..
First, mileage is always questionable because the angle drive can't
manage to work long enough to keep the odometer working. Second, there
is no hundred-thousand digit on the odometer. People with complete car
histories are blessed, some of the rest of us are not as lucky. My car
reads 33k miles, but it could have rolled over 10 times by now. Plus,
the angle drive doesn't work either... Third, I question the cross
section of the DMC community you are in contact with about failures...
I'm pretty sure that no previous owners of my car got it fixed by DMC
Joe. One might argue that people that do not care about their car much
would not be going to Joe for parts... This might be the biggest reason
for going to a trained professional for repairs, updates, or checks; more
reliability!

I disagree that the panels were aligned properly, though my only point of
refernce is a 20 year old car... my front quarter panels do not line up
with the front edge of the door, and I know that a lot of cars have the
exact same problem.

Also, as far as parts being prone to failure, my starter lost a wire,
engine leaks like a seive, ignition coil exploded black goo all over the
engine compartment, windshield wiper broke off, washer pump stopped
pumping, a CV boot split, front struts stopped absorbing, brakes leaking
fluid at the master cylinder, muffler sheild broke off, and AC had never
worked. Add that to your database, DMCJoe.

I refuse to believe that my car's failures allows 99 (or 20, depending on
mileage) other cars to be in perfect order.

Note to the kiddies: Love this car for all it's worth, or you will hate
it for all it's failures.

Jim
1537