Door Lock

I think I already know the answer but let me feign ignorance and ask your advice.

I went to my car this morning and unlocked the passenger side door. As usual it did not appear to unlock the driver?s door (sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn?t). When I closed the passenger door and locked it with the key a relay behind the passenger seat started to click about every 5-7 seconds.

I went to the driver?s door and it was unlocked. I then tried combinations of locking the driver?s door with the key and getting in the car, closing the door and locking/unlocking both doors with each internal lock switche. I finally got a good clunk out of the lock solenoids and everything seems to be fine now.

The passenger door has always been weird like this but it only appears to happen if I use the key on that door. Both switches and the driver?s door key lock seem to work fine.

And the answer is?

Ed
10541