Re: [DML] delorean quality formerly 'live the dream ad'

Re: [DML] delorean quality formerly 'live the dream ad'

You said:
"The car would not last forever, as he intended,........"

JZD predicted a life span of 20 years, NOT FOREVER!

You said:
" .............the stainless panels were never aligned properly
initially."

The factory did an excellent job on panel alignment.

You said:
"most EVERY aspect of the car is more prone to failure than other normal
cars." "...almost all parts of the car were poorly built.."

Does that include the following:
Starter, Engine, Ignition Coil, Ignition ECU, Lambda ECU, Windshield wiper
system, Shock Absorbers, CV Boots, CV Joints, Brake System, Muffler,
Transmissions, HVAC, Fiberglass Underbody, Stainless Steel Panels, etc.

We have been keeping failure rate records for 17 years and the above
components all have a less than 1% failure rate after 50k miles and less
than 5% after 100k miles. Compare that with any other car of that period.

You said:
"pawn that off on the poor quality of the Irish workers"

Virtually all industry reports indicated that the factory workers did an
outstanding job considering their short learning curve.

FINALLY
You said:
"........ the only reason the delorean is still around is because it's
cool."

People ask me why are there so many DeLoreans on the market. My response;
they don't rust away even if totally ignored and left to the elements. We
receive many D's that have sat outdoors and unused in excess of 10 years. We
seldom have a problem bringing the PRV-6 back to life. Less any frame damage
the majority of the car can be revived to like new condition by simply
replacing defective parts. Try that with any other car.

DMC Joe
DeLorean Help dmchelp@xxxx
www.dmc.tv
http://shopping.oraclesmallbusiness.com/dsvstore