Re: [DML] Customizing a DeLorean

see in-line comments
--- Sean Spurlock <sean_dmc1@xxxx> wrote:

> Group,
>
> Well, I am finally back on the list and about
> to purchase another
> DeLorean, having sold my first one a few years ago.
> Here are some questions
> for you veteran DeLorean owners. Please don't hate
> me for asking these
> questions!!! I know many of you are purists!
>
> I want to customize my next DeLorean:
>
> 1. Updating engine - DMC Houston can take care of
> that...but any other
> ideas?

I am working on upgrades for the PRV-6 that are
reasonable and you can put on your self. i am
thinking of cam, manifold upgrades, and exhaust that
can be purchased in pieces and steps and installed
your self (unlike them Texas folks. I am in the
process of acquiring an engine but if anyone else has
an old engine sitting around that they want to get rid
of let me know. I am going to try for the 200 HP mark.

> 2. Suspension - lowering the car is nice...any
> recommendations on shock and
> struts (or any other improved suspension
> components???

I am also looking into this one but the lack of a D
has put this on the back burner a bit. if any one has
a stock set of springs the don't want anymore this
would help (lower the miles the better). also if
someone has a D in the South Bay area that i could
take some measurements on that would be helpful.

> 5. Exhaust - IMPORTANT!!! Any idea of a borla or
> performace set up???

see # 1 working on it...